Honda City

New Honda City

Honda City

If smart commuting or economical driving is a high priority for you, then the City is definitely worth considering. The official fuel rating from Fuelsaver for the manual is 6.3 litres per 100km. However, during the launch of the Honda City, the drivers who tested the manual achieved a remarkably low figure of only 4.5 litres per 100km. Which for a five seater petrol car makes this extremely economical. Personally the best I could do was 6.4 litres per 100km. Of course the fact I was really enjoying the opportunity to put my foot down and zoom around would have a lot to do with it. Had I been intentionally driving economically I have no doubt I would have achieved a much better figure. It may only have a little 1.5litre i-Vtec engine, but wow does it go fast.